The random rambles of J #28 - Seppuku the Christmas

Hello my ho's. Here is my present to you. A new podcast! Don't all send yourselves flying underneath my tree at once.

My intention was to post this on Christmas eve-eve, but I didn't. So, I planned to post this on Christmas eve, but I didn't. So, I figured I'd try and get it out for Christmas morning, but I didn't. So here it is, ON boxing day. Fail? No. I refuse to class this as a fail. And if you dare say as such I will hunt you down and give you an arrow to the knee.

As promised in my last podcast, I talk in depth about that Zelda game, Skyward sword. It's only when I play this podcast back to myself that I remember all of these other things I should have mentioned about the game, which I forgot. I blame Christmas (stupid bloody thing). I do happen to talk about other stuff though. One whole podcast on Zelda would be a bit much. Although I have done it before (go listen to it please).

Here's what you get in my 2011 Christmas podcast...

  • Christmas = seppuku
  • The Namco waiting game
  • Metal Gear Rising. Revengeance is a dish best served cancelled.
  • Deus ex got dat ♪ Black 'n yellow, black 'n yellow, black 'n yellow ♪
  • The Distant worlds conspiracy theory
  • Microsoft sort it out. Sony? *tumbleweed*
  • My cloud parting rendition of "The ballad of the Goddess"
  • The Christmas gift rejection hit "Christmas face"
  • So, is that Skyward sword game any good? *strokes copy of game*
  • Random J radio plays... Hikaru Utada
  • My new year's resolution(s)

With a line drawn firmly under Christmas and a sigh of relief we made through epic meal times and rabid high street shoppers, we can now look forward to a new year and feel a bit miserable that 2011 went by so quickly; as we mull over all of the things we planned to do, but didn't. But everything will be okay, as long as my podcasts are still around. I like to think of my podcasts as some all powerful thing which just helps everything and makes it better. A bit like the triforce. But the triforce when somebody good touches it, not some evil son of a bitch. I have no idea what I'm talking about. Please just go listen to my podcast.

Yay!! Love you all! x

🎵 This podcast features the Billboard chart flopping "Christmas face". The anthem for recipients of shitty Christmas presents. Presents so bad that you wouldn't even bother to donate it to a charity shop.

🎧 Listen / stream the podcast on SpotifyApple podcasts & Google podcasts

Comments

  1. LOL @ the epilogue. "...that chu be sippin' on when your health is loaw, loaw, looooooooaaaaawwww." That was hilarious.

    Question: Is this your longest podcast? I know you had that one 90 minute behemoth but this might actually be longer. Very nice review on Zelda. It's funny how, overall, your review was really good but it's difficult to forget those 3 main bad things you said about it. I'm sure I'd still play it if I still had a Wii but I'd be on the pre-cautious look out for those sections of the game.

    How many hours have you spent with Deus Ex? Because I found the game kind of difficult to going but as I got further into it, the hours just started to fly by. In hindsight, I wouldn't say it's the best game I've played this gen but it is a good game. You didn't mention it but the first person to third person transitions are pretty cool, imo.

    Fuck New Years resolutions. I followed through on a couple of them from last year but I won't bother. I did manage to do a few of them from last year but not because they were resolutions. It's not like you do something life changing and then remember "Oh shit, that was one of my resolutions! Go me!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. [The epilogue]
    I was wondering if anyone would even catch that bit because...
    a) It's right at the very-very end
    b) I doubt very few people would even make it to the end of this podcast

    [Is this yo' longest podcast?]
    Oh shat. It is!! The only other podcast of mine which clocked in at over 90 minutes was #4.

    [Deus ex]
    I've clocked a few hours into it, most of them spent dying. I'm playing RIGHT now. I seem to be getting somewhere and getting the hang of things. And I've not resorted to dropping down the difficulty...yet... *Grinch face* Can't say I'm really enjoying it though :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts